English: The ship of 634 tons was built in 1881 by Fergusons of Leith. Her original name was Iolanthe which was later changed to Mione, later again changed to Amalthaea and finally changed in late 1918 to Iolaire. During the First World War she had been fitted with guns and was used as a reserve patrol vessel in the Portsmouth, Shetland and Yarmouth sea areas.
Media in category "Amalthaea (ship, 1881)"
This category contains only the following file.