Last modified on 12 October 2012, at 08:50
English: The fullrigged steel ship Arethusa was built in 1890 by C. Connell & Co., Glasgow for B. Wencke Söhne, Hamburg. Dimensions: 79,22×11,84×7,09 meters and tonnage: 1789 GRT. Sister ship to the same owner's Melete (1890), Erato (1890) and Melpomene (1890). Rigged with royal sails over single topgallant and double topsails. 1913 sold to Emil Knudsen, Lillesand, Norway, and was renamed Hippalos. 1917 wrecked during the First World War while sailing under the Chilean flag.