- Type: Passenger ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Harland and Wolff shipyard, Belfast, United Kingdom
- Yard No: 942
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 28.11.1935
- Date of completion: 13.05.1936
- Length over all: 220,98 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 25,15 m
- Draught: 12,63 m
- BRT: 25.564
- NET: 15.688
- Sail area:
- Main engine: 2 x 10-cylinder Diesel Burmeister & Wain 24.000 BHP
- Propeller: 2
- Speed: 19,5 kn
- Reefer points:
- 1936 Named: ATHLONE CASTLE for the Union-Castle Line Flag: United Kingdom
- 27.12.1940 Requisitioned as troopship.
- 11.1942 African war
- 1946 2x troops to Australia and 1x Singapore.
- 17.09.1946 out of naval service
- 05.1947 Back to Union-Castle Line.
- 23.07.1965 Arrived in Kaapstad and out of service.
- 16.08.1965 Started from Southampton to Japan
- 13.09.1965 Arrived in Kaohsiung.
- 1965 Scrapped in Japan by China Steel Corporation
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language