Last modified on 10 April 2014, at 23:56

Category:Baiter House 6 St. Nicholas Place

The brick and terra-cotta row house at 6 St. Nicholas Place near West 150th Street in the Hamilton Heights area of the Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1893-94 and was designed by Theodore G. Stein in the Romanesque Revival style as the residence of Jacob P. Baiter. It was combined with the Fink House, #8 next door, in 1912 to become Dr. Loyds Sanitarium, later becoming Community Hospital with the addition of new wings and buildings at the rear of the property. It became the Dawn Hotel in the 1960s, and is now a group home. It is located in New York City's Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Historic District Extension. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and "Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Historic District Extension Designation Report")

Media in category "Baiter House 6 St. Nicholas Place"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.