Last modified on 30 November 2012, at 01:47

Category:Bayt Al-Suhaymi

English: Bayt Al-Suhaymi or the House of Suhaymi is a 1648 Mamluk structure, a house museum in Ottoman era Cairo, Egypt.
  • It was originally built in 1648 by Abdel Wahab el Tablawy along the Darb al-Asfar, a very prestigious and expensive part of Medieval Islamic Cairo. In 1796 it was purchased by Sheikh Ahmed as-Suhaymi whose family held it for several subsequent generations. The Sheikh greatly extended the house from its original through incorporating neighbouring houses into its structure.