English: The Brecon and Merthyr Junction Railway opened in 1863 from Brecon to Pant. In 1868, the line to Merthyr, built together with the London and North Western Railway was completed in 1868. Later extensions were made to Caerphilly, Pontypridd and Bassaleg, from where it had running powers to Newport Docks. The Pant to Dowlais section was closed in May 1960, with the rest of the line closing by 1963.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Brecon and Merthyr Railway"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.