The Former Raffles College (now the Bukit Timah Campus of the National University of Singapore) at 469 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259756, was designed by Cyril A. Farey and Graham R. Dawbarn from London and completed in 1930. The buildings on the campus were intended for Raffles College, which was officially opened on by Sir Hugh Clifford, Governor of the Straits Settlements, and dedicated to "the promotion of arts, science and learning and the provision of higher education for students without distinction of sex, race, nationality or religion". Three of the buildings on the campus are respectively named after Eu Tong Sen, Sir Manasseh Meyer and Oei Tiong Ham, who were among the largest donors.
On , Raffles College merged with the King Edward VII College of Medicine (founded in 1905) to form the University of Malaya. Due to rapid growth, two autonomous divisions of the University were set up in 1959, one in Kuala Lumpur and the other in Singapore at the Bukit Timah Campus. Further reorganization taking effect on led to the Kuala Lumpur division taking over the University of Malaya name, and the Singapore division being renamed the University of Singapore. In 1980 the University of Singapore merged with Nanyang University to form the National University of Singapore (NUS).