- Type: Passenger ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: A. Stephen & Sons, Ltd, Glasgow
- Yard No: 452
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion: 03.1913
- Length over all: 125 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 17.4 m
- Draught: m
- GRT: 7,707
- Sail area:
- Main engine:
- Twin screw
- Speed: 15 kn
- 1913 Named: Canberra for Australian Steamships Ltd., Melbourne and used mainly on the Australian coastal passenger trade. Flag: Australia
- 1917 - 1920 requisitioned as troopship
- 1941 - 1947 requisitioned as military transport
- 1947 Sold to Singapore-based Chinese interests
- 1948 Sold to Cia. Maritima del Este, Panama (Ormos Shipping Co., London) Goulandris Bros (Greek Line), Panama Flag: Panama
- 1949 Major refit, including conversion to oil firing, fitted with extra lifeboats and painted white. Began a service from Piraeus to New York.
- 07.1950 Moved to the Canadian service, First voyage Piraeus - Naples - Quebec - Montreal.
- 25.07.1950 First of three round voyages Montreal -Quebec - Cherbourg - Southampton.
- 07.10.1950 one round voyage Montreal - Quebec - Piraeus - Quebec - Montreal.
- 05.06.1951 first voyage Montreal - Quebec - Cherbourg - Southampton - Bremen.
- 08.10.1954 last voyage Quebec - Cherbourg - Southampton - Bremen.
- 10.1954 Sold to Felix Benitez Rexach, Ciudad Trujillo, Dominican Republic Renamed: España Flag: Dominican Republic
- 1954 Transferred to Dominican Republic Navy.
- 1959 Scrapped Dominican Republic.
Media in category "Canberra (ship, 1913)"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Canberra, Llanquihue a...