English: A Caravanserai, or khan, also known as caravansara or caravansery, was an ancient/historic trade route or roadside accommodations establishment.
- Caravanserais supported the flow of commerce, information, and people across the network of trade routes covering Asia, North Africa, and South-Eastern Europe, - especially along the Silk Road.
This category has the following 18 subcategories, out of 18 total.
Media in category "Caravanserais"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Caravansary on Silk Ro...
- Caravanserai in Aleppo...
- Carvansara plan.gif
- Großer Khan Nikosia.JPG
- Han in Berat (Albania)...
- Karawanserei Merw um 1...
- Remains from Caravanse...
- Tash Rabat in mountain...
- Tash Rabat September.JPG
- Tunis1960-141 hg.jpg
Read in another language
This page is available in 38 languages