Last modified on 15 September 2013, at 08:41
English: Cat Castle, also named Kits Castle, refers to St. Catherine, the patron saint of Killybegs. Possibly used as a bishop's residence since 1355, in 1622 still in the posession of the Bishop of Raphoe. Just a small north-east corner section of the wall survives. See entry 1919 in Brian Lacy: Archaeological Survey of County Donegal, ISBN 0-9508407-0-X.