The Church of the Incarnation, Episcopal (Manhattan) is located at 205-209 Madison Avenue at the corner of 35th Street in the Murray Hill neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City. The church was built in 1864-65 and was designed by Emlen T. Littel in Gothic revival style. It was burned down in a fire in 1882 and was rebuilt and expanded by David Jardine, with a spire added in 1896 by Heins and LaFarge to Jardine's design. The rectory, now used as a parish house, was built in 1868-69, designed by Robert Mook, and was rebuilt and given a new facade in neo-Jacobean style in 1905-06 by Edward P. Casey. The bulding was renovated in 1991 by Jan Hird Pokorny. It is a NYC landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. (Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.), Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))
Media in category "Church of the Incarnation, Episcopal (Manhattan)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.