Last modified on 20 November 2013, at 18:12

Category:City Hall, Singapore

City Hall at 3 Saint Andrew's Road, Singapore 178958, was designed in a neoclassical style by municipal architects A. Gordon and F. D. Meadows. Completed in 1929, it was occupied by the Municipal Council and known as the Municipal Building until King George VI proclaimed Singapore a city by royal charter in 1951, whereupon it was renamed City Hall. The building was occupied by the City Council until 1963, and then by various government departments including the Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Prime Minister's Office and Public Utilities Board. Between 1987 and 2005, City Hall was used by the Supreme Court of Singapore. It will eventually house the National Art Gallery, Singapore. The building was gazetted as a national monument on .

References

Subcategories

This category has the following 11 subcategories, out of 11 total.

Pages in category "City Hall, Singapore"

This category contains only the following page.

Media in category "City Hall, Singapore"

The following 33 files are in this category, out of 33 total.