Category:City of Delhi (ship, 1867)

English: The City of Delhi was a tree-masted full-rigged ship built 1867 by Barclay Curle & Company Glasgow (Yard No 163) for George Smith & Co, Glasgow (the City Line). 1900 sold to Norwegian owner J. Johanson & Co, Kristiania and renamed Ailsa. At the same time altered to barque rig. 1906 abandoned at sea while on passage from Ardrossan to Rio de Janeiro. The crew were rescued by the trawler Tubal Cain.
Her dimensions were: length × beam × depth = 227.7 × 34.8 × 22.6 ft (69.4 × 10.6 × 6.9 m) an she had a tonnage of 1199 GRT.[1][2]

Names:

  • City of Delhi (1867–1900)
  • Ailsa (1900–1906)

Media in category "City of Delhi (ship, 1867)"

This category contains only the following file.

Last modified on 25 May 2012, at 17:52