Category:Comliebank (ship, 1890)

English: The Comliebank was a four-masted steel barque built in 1890 by Russell & Co., Port Glasgow (Yard No 241 ) for A. Weir & Co, Glasgow. 1903 she strandade at Cape Henlopen on voyage from Laurenço Marques to New York. 1914 sold to A/S Olivebank (E. Monsen & Co.), Tvedestrand, Norway and 1916 sold to Thv B. Heistein & Sønner, Kristiansand, and was renamed Asulf. 1919 January 27 she abandoned at 33°57'N and 73°46W on voyage from Bahia to Philadelphia, PA, with a cargo of manganese ore.
Her dimensions were: length × beam × depth = 278.6 × 41.9 × 24.2 ft (84.9 × 12.8 × 7.4 m) and she had a tonnage of 2283 GRT and 2179 NRT. Rigged with royal sails above double top- and topgallant sails.[1][2]

Names:

  • Comliebank (1890-1916)
  • Asulf (1916-1919)

Media in category "Comliebank (ship, 1890)"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.

Last modified on 12 April 2014, at 03:15