English: Congress Hall at Chestnut and S. 6th Streets in the Independence Hall complex on Center City, Philadelphia, was built in 1787-89 in the Federal style. It served as the seat of the United States Congress from 1790 to 1800, until the capitol was moved to Washington, D.C. Later, the building was used by Philadelphia County as a Court House. (Source: Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City (2nd ed.))
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Interior of Congress Hall (12 F)
Media in category "Congress Hall"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Court House. Public Le...
- Commemorative Plaque o...
- Congress Hall at twilg...
- Congress Hall exterior...
- Congress Hall SE side.jpg
- Congress Hall West sid...
- Flickr - USCapitol - P...
- Independence Hall 1.jpg
- Independence Hall, Con...