English: Cottage orné (decorated cottage) — rustic style Cottages of the late 18th through late-mid 19th century.
- Referred to as chocolate box in the present day idiom of the United Kingdom, due to their frequent depiction on candy boxes. They often feature well-shaped thatch roofs with ornate timberwork.
- In the United States the style used rustic motifs, with a picturesque use of lattice/trellis, fancy scrollsaw work, and lightweight porch supports.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Cottage orné architecture in Canada (2 C)
- ► Cottage orné architecture in England (20 F)
- ► Cottage orné architecture in Ireland (1 C)
- ► Cottage orné architecture in the United States (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Cottage orné architecture in Wales (7 F)