Category:County of Linlithgow (ship, 1887)

English: County of Linlithgow was a four-masted iron ship built in 1887 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow (yard No 348) for R. & J. Craig, Glasgow. She used in the Indian jute trade. 1906/07 sold to Sociedad Nacional de Buques y Maderas, Valparaiso. 1916 sold to Pacific Freighters Co., San Francisco, and renamed Katherine and re-rigged as a sixmasted schooner. 1917 she was sold to Cia. General de Tabacos de Filipinas, San Francisco and 1922 to Philippine Vegetable Oil Co., Manila, and was equipped an oil-engine and double screw. The rigging was reduced to four masts. 1924 sold to Malaysian Nav Co, Manila and 1928 or 1931 to J.& A. Galani & Y. Behar, Pireaus and later to two other greek owners. 1935 rebuilt as the motortanker 'Frieda' after heavy fire damages. 1937 renamed Katherina. She sunk by a bombardement in the WW II.
Dimensions: length × beam × depth = 286.8 × 43.4 × 24.1 ft (87.4 × 13.2 × 7.3 m) and tonnage 2207 GRT and 2122 NRT. Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails. [1][2]

Names:

Media in category "County of Linlithgow (ship, 1887)"

The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.

Last modified on 2 December 2011, at 05:30