|This is a main category requiring frequent diffusion and maybe maintenance. As many pictures and media files as possible should be moved into appropriate subcategories.|
Dehradun (Hindi: देहरादून), also sometimes spelled Dehra Doon, is the capital city of the Uttarakhand state (earlier called Uttaranchal) in India, and the headquarters of Dehradun district. It is located in the Doon valley, 230 kilometers north of India's capital New Delhi and the Delhi metropolitan area. The district is surrounded by the Himalayas in the north, Sivalik Hills in the south, the river Ganga in the east, and the river Yamuna in the west. The water divide of Ganga and Yamuna passes through the city. Before the creation of Uttarakhand on November 9, 2000, Dehradun was a part of Uttar Pradesh. Neighbouring cities and towns include Haridwar, Rishikesh, Roorkee, Mussoorie and Saharanpur.
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► Buildings in Dehradun (2 C, 17 F)
- ► Education in Dehradun (2 C, 1 F)
- ► Geography of Dehradun (1 C, 11 F)
- ► History of Dehradun (5 F)
- ► Indian Military Academy (empty)
- ► People of Dehradun (13 C, 9 F)
- ► Surkanda Devi (160 F)
- ► Transport in Dehradun (2 C, 5 F)
- ► Visitor attractions in Dehradun (4 C)