Marriage and familyEdit
On February 11, 1865, at Dresden, Karl-Theodor married his first cousin Princess Sophie of Saxony (1845 - 1867), daughter of King John of Saxony and his maternal aunt Princess Amalie Auguste of Bavaria. They had one child:
- Duchess Amalie in Bavaria (1865 - 1912); married Mindaugas II of Lithuania (aka Wilhelm, Duke of Urach).
In 1874 Karl-Theodor married Princess Maria Josepha of Portugal (1857 - 1943), daughter of exiled King Miguel I of Portugal and Princess Adelaide of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg. They had five children:
- Duchess Sophie in Bavaria (1875 - 1957); married Count Hans Veit zu Toerring-Jettenbach.
- Duchess Elisabeth of Bavaria (1876-1965) in Bavaria (1876 - 1965); married King Albert I of Belgium.
- Duchess Marie Gabrielle in Bavaria (1878 - 1912), married Rupprecht, Crown Prince of Bavaria.
- Duke Ludwig Wilhelm in Bavaria (1884 - 1968)
- Duke Franz Joseph in Bavaria (1888 - 1912)
Media in category "Duke Karl-Theodor in Bavaria"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.