Last modified on 25 November 2012, at 08:51
- Screw ship-of-the-line.
- Built at Woolwich Dockyard
- Hull: Wood
- Laid down: 04-Jul-1853
- Launched: 22-Oct-1858
- Completed: 19-Jul-1859
- Length: 70.1 m
- Wide: 16.9 m
- Builders measurement: 3,094 tons
- Displacement: 5158 tons
- Propulsion: Screw
- Armed with 8 x 10in, 36 x 8in, 2 x 68pdr and 34 x 32pdr guns
- Men: 860
- Ships book ADM 135/148
- 12-Feb-1870 Loaned to the Customs Service as a hulk
- 12-Dec-1870 Used as a quarantine ship at Spithead
- 12-Apr-1904 Sold and broken up at Charlton.
Media in category "Edgar (ship, 1859)"
This category contains only the following file.
- Interior of Edgar in C...