Last modified on 16 August 2013, at 18:54
English: The Elgin Building, on the northwest corner of Yonge and Adelaide Streets in Toronto, Ontario, Canada was built in 1910 (an earlier 1850s-era building of the same name at that location was destroyed by fire). It originally housed the Toronto location of the Holt, Renfrew & Co store. In 2013, the south and east facades of the building were dismantled, and the building demolished, to make way for the podium portion of Bay Adelaide East. The former Elgin Building facades are to be restored and rebuilt on the southwest corner of Temperance and Yonge Streets, attached to a different building.