Last modified on 24 April 2014, at 13:07

Category:Fliegerhorst Neubiberg

Deutsch: Der Fliegerhorst Neubiberg wurde im Jahr 1933 als "Flugplatz München Süd" gebaut und anschließend von der Luftwaffe als "Fliegerhorst Neubiberg" genutzt. Nach Ende des Zweiten Weltkrieges wurde der Militärflughafen durch die U.S. Air Force als "Neubiberg Air Base", bzw. "Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle". Von 1958 bis 1991 wurde der Militärflugplatz von der Luftwaffe der Bundeswehr als "NATO-Flugplatz Neubiberg" genutzt. 1998 erfolgte die Schließung des Sportflugplatzes. Heute wird der größte Teil des einstigen Flugplatz-Areals wird als Landschaftspark genutzt.
English: The Neubiberg airbase was built as Munich Airport South in 1933 and subsequently used by the Luftwaffe as Aerodrome Neubiberg. After the Second World War, the airport was used by the U.S. Air Force as Neubiberg Air Base, or Airfield R-85 Camp Rattle. From 1958 to 1991, the airfield was again used by the Luftwaffe as NATO Air Base Neubiberg. In 1998, the airbase was closed and used as a sports airfield. Today, most of the former airfield area is used as a country park.
Location: 48°4′21″N 11°38′8″E / 48.0725°N 11.63556°E / 48.0725; 11.63556

Media in category "Fliegerhorst Neubiberg"