Last modified on 4 April 2012, at 17:45

Category:Former Attorney-General's Chambers, Singapore

The Former Attorney-General's Chambers at 1 Parliament Place, Singapore 178880, stands on the site of a one-storey Court House annexe that was built around 1839. That building was later replaced by or enlarged into a two-storey building housing the Government Printing Office. In 1906 the building was substantially rebuilt, and given its present Edwardian Baroque facade. The building was occupied by the Public Works Department in the 1960s and 1970s, and then by the Attorney-General's Chambers from 1971 to 1991. It was then restored and incorporated into the Parliament House Complex, and is now known as Parliament House Block C. The building was gazetted as a national monument on 14 February 1992.

Media in category "Former Attorney-General's Chambers, Singapore"