Last modified on 2 May 2014, at 17:30

Category:Former Hill Street Police Station

The Former Hill Street Police Station at 140 Hill Street, Singapore 179369, was designed in the neoclassical style by Major John Frederick Adolphus McNair of the Public Works Department and built between 1934 and 1936 as a police station and barracks. In 1980 the police vacated the building and, after renovation works had been carried out, it was taken over by the National Archives and Oral History Department. From 1990, it was used by the Ministry of Information and the Arts (MITA), which was later renamed the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) on . The building was then known as the "MITA Building" and then the "MICA Building". Following a reorganization of government ministries in 2012, it is presently occupied by the Ministry of Communications and Information and the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth. The building was gazetted a national monument on .

Subcategories

This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.

Pages in category "Former Hill Street Police Station"

This category contains only the following page.