English: Fort de Chartres, a French fort built in 1720 in New France near in what is now Randolph County, Illinois. The town of Prairie du Rocher was established 2 years later. The fort became British in 1763, was renamed Fort Chartres in 1768, and was abandoned in May 1776. The state of Illinois acquired ownership of the fort in 1912; it is now a state park and museum.
Media in category "Fort de Chartres"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.