Last modified on 12 August 2012, at 17:23
English: Ganymede was a iron clipper-barque from Invercargill or Lyttelton (New Zealand), built 1868 by WDoxford W. & Sons - William Doxford & Sons Ltd., Sunderland (yard nr. 5) for James Jackson & Co. Liverpool. 1880/81 the barque was sold to H. C. Fletcher, of Adelaide and now under charter to the New Zealand Shipping Company. She was 51 meter in length, 9 meter in breadth, and c. 5 meter depth and was 569 register tons and 950 gross tonage. Hulked 1912 at Wellington.