- Torch Harrison (last updated on May 31, 2012). Japanese Manufacturers of Made In Japan Badged Electric Guitars from 1960 to 1980. HubPages.com.
- Japanese Vintage Guitar (JV) Home page. Music-Trade.co.jp. Dai-Show Corporation.
- Matsumoto Guitars (Guitar manufacturers in Matsumoto City) (in Japanese). The Junk Guitar Museum Matsumoto.
- Individual person & manufacturers
- Nate DeMont. Guyatone History. GuyatoneGuitars.com. — One of the earliest steel/electric guitar manufacturers in Japan.
- Michael Wright. "Jack Westheimer — Pioneer of Global Guitarmaking". Vintage Guitar (July 1999).
- Genesis of FujiGen (beginning of the electric guitar manufacturing) (in Japanese). Matsumoto Guitars (Guitar manufacturers in Matsumoto City). The Junk Guitar Museum Matsumoto. See also: Wake of '70s FujiGen.
- Hidesato Shiino (1947–). Music-Trade.co.jp. Dai-Show Corporation. — The person who involved with a lot of remarkable Japanese guitars including: Yamaha FG, Fernandes & Greco models, Morris & H.S. Anderson (named after his son; well known with Prince's Telecaster), early ESP, Vesta Graham & Vestax (now known as DJ brand), Akai Guitar 1997 series, D'Angelico, etc.
This category has the following 41 subcategories, out of 41 total.
- ► Hayashi Gakki (2 C)
- ► Ibanez (24 C, 1 P, 109 F)
- ► Pearl Musical Instrument Co. (4 C, 1 F)
- ► Vestax (1 C, 11 F)
- ► Yamaha guitars (18 C, 54 F)