English: ‚Illawarra‘ was an iron full-rigged ship built in 1881 by Dobie & Co., Glasgow. Dimensions: 269'1"×40'6"×24'0" and tonnage: 1963 GRT, 1887 NRT, 1787 tons under deck and 3500 DWT. 1912 abandoned at sea in position 50°51'N, 12°59'W on voyage from Leith to Coquimbo [Valparaiso] with a cargo of coal. The ship had capsized when the cargo shifted. Other sources say that the cargo caught fire. The crew was picked up by the British steam ship Manchester Mariner and later transferred to the SS Bengore Head.