Category:Jane Williamson (ship, 1870)

English: Jane Williamson was a wooden brigg of 197 tons, built by H & J Williamson, Whitehaven in 1870. In end of the 19th-century she was registered at Castletown, Isle of Man. Later she was perhaps re-rigged to a brigantine or schooner. Her last owner was R. Kearon, Belfast. On September 10th. 1917, she was on a voyage from Liverpool to Cherbourg with a cargo of coal, was sunk by gunfire by the German submarine UC-51 (Capt. Hans Galster), 20 miles NNE from St. Ives. Four persons were lost, including the master.
Her dimensions were: length × breadth × depth = 105 × 24.2 × 13 ft (32 × 7.4 × 4 m).[1][2]

Media in category "Jane Williamson (ship, 1870)"

This category contains only the following file.

Last modified on 19 May 2013, at 16:29