Joseph Conrad, ex Georg Stage, is a tall ship built in 1882 in Denmark and is today moored at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut, USA.
- Length 30.7 m (100.8 ft)
- Beam 7.7 m (25.2 ft)
- Draft 3.3 m (11.0 ft)
- GRT 203
- NRT 149
- 1882 Built by Burmester & Wain, Copenhagen for Stiftelsen Georg Stages Minde, to be used as a schoolship. She was given the name Georg Stage
- 1934 Sold to the author Alan Villiers, who fit her out for a voyage around the World. He renamed the ship the Joseph Conrad
- 1938 Sold and used as a schoolship for the US Merchant Marine.
- 1946 Ended up as a museum ship at Mystic Seaport, Connecticut.
The ship is not to be confounded with the Georg Stage built in 1934-1935, which was named after it).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Georg Stage (ship, 1882) (4 F)
Media in category "Joseph Conrad (ship, 1882)"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
Read in another language
This page is available in 3 languages