Landgrave William of Hesse-Kassel (24 December 1787, Biebrich – 5 September 1867, Copenhagen), son of en:Prince Frederick of Hesse and Caroline of Nassau-Usingen.
Marriage and childrenEdit
He married to Princess Louise Charlotte of Denmark (1789-1864) daughter of Hereditary Prince Frederick of Denmark and Norway (1753-1805) and Sophia Frederica of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1758-1794).
Children of marriage:
- Karoline Friederike Marie of Hesse-Kassel (15 August, 1811 - 10 May, 1829).
- Marie Luise Charlotte of Hesse-Kassel (9 May, 1814 - 28 July, 1895). Married Prince Frederick Augustus of Anhalt-Dessau.
- Louise of Hesse (7 September, 1817- 29 September, 1898). Married King Christian IX of Denmark.
- Friedrich Wilhelm (26 November, 1820 - 14 October, 1864). Head of House of Hesse-Kassel. Married first Grand Duchess Alexandra Nikolaievna of Russia, a daughter of Nicholas I of Russia and Charlotte of Prussia, and second Anna of Prussia.
- Auguste Sophie Friederike of Hesse-Kassel (30 October, 1823 - 17 July, 1899. Married Charles Frederick, Baron of Nasbyholm (Blixen-Fineke).
- Sophie Wilhelmine of Hesse-Kassel (18 January - 20 December, 1827).
Read in another language
This page is available in 13 languages