||Categorization Warning: "Locator maps" and "Location maps" while similar and of similar purpose, are technically different – a single location map can replace dozens of locator maps.
This category should only contain blank maps compatible with Wikimedia Commons computerized geo-location framework and standards (such as en:Template:Location map).
- The purpose of the geo-locations standard is to enable an overlay of a locator dot to a map created with a GIS software using an equirectangular or conical projection for high latitudes areas and for which the geographic limits are perfectly known.
- A geo-location coordinate is used to generate the location's overlay, and optionally, a label via a template.
- The file name conventions for location maps are:
- for states: »(state name in English) location map.svg«
- for administrative subdivisions: »(state name in English) (name of administrative subdivision in English) location map.svg«