English: Q.G.S. Lucinda. Built in Dumbarton, Scotland in 1884, the 301 ton steel paddle steamer Lucinda played a role in the development of the Australian Constitution. The Lucinda initially served as the official yacht for the Queensland Government and the draft for the Australian Constitution Bill was revised aboard the Lucinda, during the Easter break of the 1891 Constitutional Convention in Sydney. The Lucinda was sold to the Riverside Coal Transport Company in 1923 and became coal lighter for the company until the end of her service in May 1932. The Lucinda was sunk on the south east side of Bishop Island at the mouth of the Brisbane River. This area has since been covered over and reclaimed as part of the Port of Brisbane expansion.
Media in category "Lucinda (ship, 1884)"
The following 21 files are in this category, out of 21 total.