Lululaund mansion was designed in 1886 by Henry Hobson Richardson for Hubert von Herkomer, based on Herkomer's layout of the ground plot. Herkomer named the house in honour of his deceased second wife, Lulu. The house was the only one in Europe designed by Richardson.
Most of the building was destroyed in 1939, officially due to the high cost of maintainance, but rather due to anti-German sentiment at the start of the Second World War. The red sandstone arched entrance of the original house remains, forming part of the British Legion hall today.
|Object location||View this and other nearby images on: OpenStreetMap - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Lululaund"
The following 18 files are in this category, out of 18 total.