English: The steamship Macedonia was built in 1900 by C.S. Swan & Hunter Ltd, Wallsend for AC de Freitas & Co (one of 14 ships of the de Freitas Fleet bought by Hamburg-Amerikanische Packetfahrt-Actien-Gesellschaft, Hamburg). In 1915, seized by Great Britain and run by Shipping Controller as the Polgowan. Became 1917 under management of AW Pickard & Co, London. 27 May 1919 whilst lying at Freemantle and carrying explosives, she caught fire aft and was saved by the efforts of some of her crew to get the fire under control. 1922 bought by Const.D.Calafatis and renamed Meropi under Greek registry. 1928 sold to Geo. Christos Lemos & Michael A Georgilis and renamed Triaina under Greek registry. 1933 ran aground at Cape Papas when bound for Theodosia with a cargo of wheat and was refloated. 1936 sold for scrap and broken up in 1937 at Dalmuir by WH Arnott Young & Co Ltd.
- Macedonia (1900 - 1915)
- Polgowan (1915 - 1922)
- Meropi (1922 - 1928)
- Triaina (1928 - 1937)
Media in category "Macedonia (ship, 1900)"
This category contains only the following file.