Last modified on 24 April 2013, at 20:48
- Built in Glasgow Scotland in 1870
- Length: 36.6 m
- Beam: 9.8 m
- Named: MAUD and working in Kingston ON.
- 1895 Enlarged and renamed the AMERICA
- 1920 Came to Georgian Bay as a steam side-wheeler and renamed as the MIDLAND CITY by the Georgian Bay Tourist Company of Midland.
- The ship was well staffed and luxurious by the days standards and including a restaurant and staterooms for the wealthy. She even had space to transport two cars.
- 1926 Sank when tied to the dock when a storm tilted her and her open portholes filled her with water.
- 1933 Converted to a propeller motor ship.
- 1934 Sank on return from Go Home Bay she struck a reef at Present Island and she was beached on Midland Point to prevent lose.
- 1955 De-registered and hauled up where Wye Heritage Marina is now.
Media in category "Midland City (ship, 1870)"
This category contains only the following file.
- SS Midland City on Geo...