English: The Military Order of Maria Theresa (Militär-Maria-Theresien-Orden in German) was an Order (decoration) of the Austro-Hungarian Empire founded on June 18 1757, the day of the Battle of Kolín, by the Empress Maria Theresa to reward especially meritorious and valorous acts by commissioned officer, including and especially the corageous act of defeating an enemy, and thus, "serving" his monarch. It was specifically given for "successful military acts of essential impact to a campaign that were undertaken on [the officer's] own initiative, and might have been omitted by an honorable officer without reproach." This gave rise to a popular myth that it was awarded for (successfully) acting against an explicit order.
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► Recipients of the Military Order of Maria Theresa (11 C, 18 F)
- ► Sash of the Military Order of Maria Theresa (1 C, 117 F)
- ► Star of the Military Order of Maria Theresa in portraits (1 C, 50 F)
Media in category "Military Order of Maria Theresa"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.
- Grand-croix Ordre mili...
- Maria Theresia Orden.jpg
- Weltliche Schatzkammer...
- Řád Marie Terezie ru...
- Fritz L'Allemand 001.jpg
- Illustrirte Zeitung (1...
- Martin van Meytens 014...