Category:Mooltan (ship, 1860)

English: The Mooltan was a steamship, built in 1860 by Thames Iron Ship Building Co, Blackwall, London for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O). She had Engines from Humphreys & Tennant, Deptford (the company's first compound with single screw) for 12 knots. The vessel had a clipper bows, single funnel, three masts (rigged for sail) and a iron hull. Later sha had many British owners. Re-built 1878 (or 1884?) in Liverpool as a four-masted barque for J. Pedley, Greenock and renamed Eleanor Margaret. 1888 sold to J.D. Bischoff, Bremen. Foundered on voyage from Newcastle-on-Tyne to Valparaiso in 1891 June 16.
Her dimensions were: 370 ft (112.8 m) x 39.1 ft (11.9 m) and she had a tonage of 2,257 grt and 1,627 nrt[1][2]

Names

Media in category "Mooltan (ship, 1860)"

This category contains only the following file.

Last modified on 10 June 2013, at 00:07