Last modified on 16 March 2012, at 07:37
- USS Nestor (ARB-6)
- Laid down as LST-518, 12 September 1943, at Chicago Bridge and Iron Co., Seneca IL.
- Redesignated Battle Damage Repair Ship ARB-6, 3 November 1943
- Launched, 20 January 1944
- Fitted out as an Aristaeus Class Battle Damage Repair Ship at Maryland Dry Dock Co., Baltimore, MD.
- Commissioned, 24 June 1944
- Driven aground at Okinawa by wind and heavy seas during Typhoon Louise, 9 October 1945
- Decommissioned and struck from the Naval Register, 29 November 1945
- Hulk sold for scrap May 1947