Category:North West Company Lock

Logo du RĂ©pertoire canadien des lieux patrimoniaux.svg
National Historic Site of Canada


English: The North West Company Lock is located at the foot of Huron Street on the St. Mary's Paper Plant site in Sault Ste. Marie, adjacent to the Canadian Canal. The lock was built in 1896 as a replica of the original lock built on the site by the North West Company in 1797, the remains of which lie under the replica. The replica is about 40 feet by 9 feet with stone walls and miniature head and tail gates. The North West Company Lock has been recognized for its heritage value by the City of Sault Ste. Marie, By-law 2002-39. It has also been recognized by the Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada as a National Historic Site of Canada.

Media in category "North West Company Lock"

Last modified on 22 August 2013, at 23:48