Proterozoic occurring between 2500 Ma and 1600 Ma (million years ago). This is when the continents first stabilized. This is also when Cyanobacteria evolved, a type of bacteria which uses the biochemical process of photosynthesis to produce energy and oxygen.
Corresponds to "Precambrian X" rocks of older North American geology.
Media in category "Paleoproterozoic"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Dolerite Dyke in Migma...
- Dolerite Dykes in Migm...
- Grypania spiralis.JPG
- Jaspilite Michigan USA...
- Red Vaxjo granite.jpg
- Specularite from Michi...
- Stromatolite Fossils i...
- Wyoming and Superior p...
- Yttre Ursholmen Kontak...
Read in another language
This page is available in 30 languages