English: The iron barque „Peru“ was built in 1876 for J.W.Robertson, esq. and others of Dundee by Messrs John Key & Sons, Abden Shipyard, Kinghorn (Scotland). She measured 183ft. in length, 30ft. beam, 710 gross tons and 683 net. In 1922 she was sold as a coal hulk and towed to Lyttelton. After years as a coal hulk she was gradually cut down to the waterline for her iron, and then, in 1937, she was towed to Quail Island in Lyttelton Harbour and beached..