Frederick Charles Louis Constantine, Prince and Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel (May 1, 1868, Gut Panker – May 28, 1940, Kassel), Friedrich Karl Ludwig Konstantin Prinz und Landgraf von Hessen-Kassel in German, was the brother-in-law of the German Emperor William II and the elected King of Finland from October 9 to December 14, 1918. On January 25, 1893, Frederick married Princess Margaret of Prussia, the youngest daughter of the late Frederick III, German Emperor and Victoria, Princess Royal. They had six children, including two sets of twins:
- His Highness en:Prince Friedrich Wilhelm Sigismund of Hesse-Cassel (23 November 1893 Frankfurt, Germany – 12 September 1916 Romania); en:killed in action WWI
- His Highness en:Prince Maximilian Friedrich Wilhelm Georg of Hesse-Cassel (20 October 1894 – 13 October 1914 ); killed in action WWI
- His Highness Prince Philipp of Hesse-Cassel (1896–1980), married to en:Princess Mafalda of Savoy
- His Highness Prince Wolfgang Moritz of Hesse-Cassel (1896–1989), married en:Princess Marie Alexandra of Baden
- His Highness Prince Christoph Ernst August of Hesse-Cassel (1901–1943), married en:Princess Sophie of Greece and Denmark, had issue
- His Highness Prince Richard Wilhelm Leopold (14 May 1901 – 11 February 1969
Media in category "Prince Frederick Charles of Hesse"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
Read in another language
This page is available in 23 languages