Princess Augusta of Bavaria, Duchess of Leuchtenberg (German:Augusta Amalia Ludovika Georgia von Bayern) (born Strassburg, 21 June 1788; died Munich, 13 May 1851) was the second child and first daughter of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and Augusta Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt. Augusta married Eugène de Beauharnais, only son of Josephine de Beauharnais and Alexandre de Beauharnais and stepson of Napoleon I of France.
Augusta and Eugène had seven children:
- Josephine of Leuchtenberg (1807-1876) became the Queen Consort to Oscar I of Sweden, himself the son of Napoleon's old love, Desirée Clary.
- Eugénie de Beauharnais (1808-1847). Married Konstantin, Prince of Hohenzollern-Hechingen.
- en:Auguste de Beauharnais, 2nd Duke of Leuchtenberg (1810 - 1835) married Maria II of Portugal. There was no issue from this marriage
- Amélie of Leuchtenberg, (July 31, 1812 - January 26, 1873) married Pedro I of Brazil (father of Maria II of Portugal) and became Empress of Brazil
- Princess Théodelinde de Beauharnais (1814-1857). Married en:Wilhelm, 1st Duke of Urach.
- Carolina (1816)
- Maximilian, Duke of Leuchtenberg (1817-1852), married Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaievna of Russia, eldest daughter of Nicholas I of Russia, and received the title of "Prince Romanovsky", addressed as "His Imperial Highness", in 1852.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Villa Mirabellino (Monza) (1 P, 12 F)
Media in category "Princess Augusta of Bavaria"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Imagen 1072.jpg
- Imageamalia 1063.jpg
- Auguste Amalie von Bay...
- Auguste-Amélie deBavi...
- Cenotaph statue Eugene...
- Coat of Arms of Amelia...
- Ménageot Matrimonio.jpg