Princess Augusta of Bavaria, Duchess of Leuchtenberg (German:Augusta Amalia Ludovika Georgia von Bayern) (born Strassburg, 21 June 1788; died Munich, 13 May 1851) was the second child and first daughter of Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and Augusta Wilhelmine of Hesse-Darmstadt. Augusta married Eugène de Beauharnais, only son of Josephine de Beauharnais and Alexandre de Beauharnais and stepson of Napoleon I of France.
Augusta and Eugène had seven children:
- Josephine of Leuchtenberg (1807-1876) became the Queen Consort to Oscar I of Sweden, himself the son of Napoleon's old love, Desirée Clary.
- Eugénie de Beauharnais (1808-1847). Married Konstantin, Prince of Hohenzollern-Hechingen.
- en:Auguste de Beauharnais, 2nd Duke of Leuchtenberg (1810 - 1835) married Maria II of Portugal. There was no issue from this marriage
- Amélie of Leuchtenberg, (July 31, 1812 - January 26, 1873) married Pedro I of Brazil (father of Maria II of Portugal) and became Empress of Brazil
- Princess Théodelinde de Beauharnais (1814-1857). Married en:Wilhelm, 1st Duke of Urach.
- Carolina (1816)
- Maximilian, Duke of Leuchtenberg (1817-1852), married Grand Duchess Maria Nikolaievna of Russia, eldest daughter of Nicholas I of Russia, and received the title of "Prince Romanovsky", addressed as "His Imperial Highness", in 1852.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Villa Mirabellino (Monza) (1 P, 12 F)
Media in category "Princess Augusta of Bavaria"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
Read in another language
This page is available in 17 languages