The Public Ledger Building at Chestnut and S. 6th Streets in the Center City area of Philadelphia was built in 1924 and was designed by Horace Trumbauer in the Georgian Revival style. The newspaper was founded in 1836 by Cyrus H. K. Curtis, the publisher of the Saturday Evening Post, and was Philadelphia's leading newspaper until 1940. (Source: Philadelphia Architecture: A Guide to the City (2nd ed.)) The morning and Sunday editions of the newspaper were folded into the Philadelphia Inquirer in 1939, but the Evening Public Ledger continued to publish until 1942.
Media in category "Public Ledger Building"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.