Tiny timeline for categorizationEdit
- 1927-1932 National String Instrument Corporation was established by Dopyera brothers who invented resonator guitar. In their 1930 catalog, Adolph Rickenbacker was appeared as one of key associates.
- 1928-1932 Dobro Manufacturing Company was established by John Dopyera who left National.
- 1932-1937 National Dobro Corporation was formed as a result of merging National and Dobro.
- 1930s-1968 Valco was formed by three business partners and former owners of the National Dobro Company; Victor Valco, Al Frost, and Louis Dopyera
- 1930s-1941 Regal Musical Instrument Company (Regal) was granted for license to manufacture resonator instruments. By 1937, Regal was only manufacture and license became exclusive. Their instruments were sold under various brand including “Regal”, “Dobro”, “Old Kraftsman”, and “Ward”.
- 1959-1966 “Dopera's Original” brand by Emil Dopyera manufactured Dobros.
- 1966-1969 Mosrite merged “Dopera's Original” and manufactured Dobros.
- 1967-1993 Original Musical Instrument Company (OMI) was formed by Rudy and Emil Dopyera to manufacture Dobros under “Hound Dog” brand. In 1970, they again acquired the “Dobro” brand.
- 1989— National Reso-Phonic Guitars was formed to reproduce old resonator guitars under the “National” brand.
- 1993— Gibson Guitar Corporation acquired OMI and “Dobro” brand. OMI was renamed to Original Acoustic Instruments and its production was moved to Nashville. Now, “Dobro” brand was only used for inverted-cone model, and biscuit-style models are sold under “Hound Dog” and “Epiphone” brand.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Media in category "Resophonic instruments"
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language