English: Rolling shutter is a method of image acquisition in which each frame is recorded not from a snapshot of a single point in time, but rather by scanning across the frame either vertically or horizontally. In other words, not all parts of the image are recorded at exactly the same time, even though the whole frame is displayed at the same time during playback. This is in contrast with global shutter in which the entire frame is exposed for the same time window. This produces predictable distortions of fast-moving objects or when the sensor captures rapid flashes of light.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► CMOS rolling shutter (9 F)
Media in category "Rolling shutter"
The following 15 files are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Bundesarchiv Bild 183-...
- CFL flickering visible...
- Flickering LED lamp vi...
- Flickering of incandes...
- Rolling shutter effect...
- Rolling Shutter Globe...
- Rolling Shutter rotati...