Last modified on 20 June 2010, at 21:52
English: The Russian ambassador's residence, historically known as the Mrs. George Pullman House, is located at 1125 16th Street, N.W., in downtown Washington, D.C. Built in 1910 to the designs of architects Nathan C. Wyeth and Francis P. Sullivan, the Beaux-Arts mansion is designated as a contributing property to the Sixteenth Street Historic District, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. In addition, the building is listed on the District of Columbia Inventory of Historic Sites. Until 1994, the building served as the Embassy of Russia (and Embassy of the Soviet Union). Former occupants include Frank O. Lowden, Natalie Hammond (spouse of John Hays Hammond), and since 1913, Russian ambassadors to the United States.