Category:Scarborough Clock Tower

The Scarborough Clock Tower was donated to the Borough of Sumner by Richard Edward Green, to perpetuate the name of his father Edmund Green. A Canterbury pioneer who arrived in Christchurch on 4 August 1859 to install the telegraph system over this island the first in New Zealand. His son, the donor, was born in Staffordshire, England, on 14 December 1852, and came to Christchurch with his parents in the ship Mary Ann.

Media in category "Scarborough Clock Tower"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.

Last modified on 16 July 2012, at 19:22