- It was created with the French intervention in Mexico of Napoleon III, to establish a monarchist ally in the Americas. Austrian Archduke Ferdinand Maximilian, a Habsburg, became Emperor Maximilian I of Mexico.
- Mexican government in the 19th century
- After the War of Independence from Spain, the First Mexican Empire (1822-1823) was short-lived. It was followed by: the First Republic of Mexico (1824–1835), the Second Federal Republic of Mexico (1846–1863), and then the Second Mexican Empire.
- The Second Mexican Empire was followed by the Benito Juárez Republic (1867–1872), and the Porfiriato dictatorship (1876–1910).}}
- Formado a partir de la segunda intervención francesa en México entre 1863 y 1867.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
Pages in category "Second Mexican Empire"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Second Mexican Empire"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.
- 1 peso de México de 1...
- Almonte circa 1865.jpg
- Aztec Triple Alliance...
- Benito juarez circa 18...
- Count bombelles.jpg
- French soldier in mexi...
- Imperial army officers...
- Imperial gendarme and...
- Juan Nepomuceno Cortin...
- Leonardo marquez.jpg
- Leonardo marquez.png
- Louis de Planque circa...
- Manuel Gonzalez 00.jpg
- Maximiliano I wearing...
- Mexican rancher.jpg